January 10


We had one of our very favorite breakfasts this morning. I love making these because even my super picky little boy gobbles them up!  I almost always double this recipe.


OVEN PANCAKES (aka. Dutch Babies)
recipe adapted from The Joy of Cooking


2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
sprinkle of cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar (I have been decreasing this or not including it at all lately)
1/2 c. flour
 2 T. butter (or more if you want!)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 

Beat eggs in a medium size bowl. Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar (if desired). 
Put butter in a pie plate (or a 9x13 pan if you are doubling the recipe) (and yes! you don't have to use a skillet!), and put the plate in the preheated oven. While the butter is melting (keep in eye on it- I have had it explode in my oven before!), whisk the flour into the other ingredients. 

Take the pie plate out of the oven and tilt it a bit to spread the melted butter around. Pour batter into the pie plate and place back into the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes (I usually check it after 12 minutes). 

* Audrey and Elliot love their oven pancakes with real maple syrup; I usually eat mine plain or with fresh lemon juice + powdered sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment