a few reminders for me

{a favorite photo of me + my little family taken by the lovely Leslie}

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for his compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
"
- Lamentations 3:22-23

“Finish every day {or yesterday, in my case!} and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” 
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary."
-Galatians 6:9

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oh, friends. It has totally been one of those weeks. You know the ones, right? Please tell me you do! The ones where it feels like the messes are continuous, your little ones are struggling, your patience is teeny tiny, and your frustrations have manifested themselves more times than you care to admit? Oh, my. Totally ready for the weekend over here and daddy being home all day every day.

Been thinking about these verses + quote all morning. 

Today is going to be a GOOD DAY. It really truly is. Or least, I am going to do everything in my power to make it be one! But if you think of it, would you mind praying for some extra grace + energy + patience for this tired mama? 


P.S. Thank you thank you ever so much for your sweet welcome here in my new space! I didn't mean to let a whole week go by without posting...I truly am so glad that you have all joined me here! 

10 comments:

  1. I have been praying from Psalm 43 this morning - for you, too - the last verse is so beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Emerson one. Praying and thinking of you friend! (and missing you too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Andi... yes, I know those weeks. Too well, I'm afraid. haha. I have had you on my heart and been praying & thinking of you! I will most definitely keep praying - with these wonderful verses you just shared in mind. They are an encouragement to me too. Big hugs & lots of love comin' your way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog and this post too. I can relate and I only have one little lady consuming my energy. Your quotes reminded me of one of my favorite movies & quotes. It's from Anne of Green Gables..."tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it." My mom quoted it all the time growing up ;). Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good words, Andi! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new space, Andi! I'm praying for you today and hoping your day is full of little beautiful things and peace. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andi, like Kari, I too liked the Emerson quote. I think it reminds us that his grace really is new every morning and while we can learn from our mistakes and we shouldn't just push responsibility and ownership away, there are plenty of mistakes and blunders to come so don't dwell on what you didn't, focus on what you can. I suppose that is sort of my mantra too. Love the new blog. Best-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy, you are not the only one with those weeks! Thanks for sharing these beautiful quotes - they are wonderful reminders! Missing you...it was so fun to bump into you and Erik the other night too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, beautiful quotes....especially God's Word.....it holds life for a weary soul. Honestly, there will be a day, some year, when your heart will yearn for these days. Roll with them, keep your expectations in check, and.....the weekend is just ONE day away!
    PS - remember, this MAMA has been down your road, she is praying for you, AND she loves you very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's been one of those weeks here also. the messes, uh the messes. isn't it funny how cleaning out your heart helps everything else shape up equally around you?

    ReplyDelete