happy birthday, dear sister


Dear Amanda, 

Happy Birthday! 
I don't know if you will be peeking into this little space today or not, but I just wanted to say...
Happy Birthday!
And welcome to your 30s! 
Despite what the rumors say, the 30s are really, really good!
I promise.

If if I lived closer 
and could take you out for coffee today
in honor of your birthday,
I would.
And over our cups of hot coffee
I would tell you how very much I love you.
How no matter what,
no matter how much time has passed, 
no matter where we are,
I love you. 
So much. 
Words cannot really even describe how much. 
I would say it over and over and over again. 
Until it got through to you
and you never ever 
forgot it.

Then I would remind you of God's love.
How deep
and wide
and endless
and amazing 
His love is
for 
you.

Then you would make fun of me for crying, 
because 
of course, I would be. 

Then
as our cups of coffee grew cold, 
we would talk about life. 
Growing up 
and "fashion boots",
and baby dolls,
junior high crushes, 
and My So-Called Life. 
Then we would talk about the hard things. 
Divorce. 
Heartbreak.
And healing.
Then we would talk about those 
five little ones of ours
who 
are
beautiful
and 
everything.

There would be lots of laughing. 
Because you always always make me laugh. 
You are truly one of the
funniest 
people I know. 

There might be a little of crying.
Because that is just what I do.
And you might too.

And after we were done, 
we would hug 
and our 
hearts 
would feel so 
full. 
Full of 
love, 
and hope, 
and peace.

That is what I would wish for if I lived closer.

But instead, 
I am across the state.
Missing you an awful lot. 
Especially today. 
And hoping that today of all days 
is perfectly 
lovely
and 
wonderful
in 
every
single
way.

And that you feel so, so 
loved. 

xo Reinos

You are the light of my life. You make me happy. And when I'm feeling sad, you make me glad.